Re: converting pdf to excel spread sheets

Jim Pursley <jim.goodgaia@...>

I can't help with the conversion, but since you are a client of this company you might ask for your report in another format.  Your plan was not likely written directly in pdf - more likely it was written in a spreadsheet and converted to pdf.

Failing that, you'd probably need to copy individual items to your spreadsheet rather than copying the entire thing.

On 10/20/2018 4:30 AM, Adrien Collins wrote:
Hi Guys

Perhaps you guys can help me with a minor problem. My care company send me my rota in pdf, it is in a table across the screen, on the top row you have the dates, below are the times, below that are the person attending and below that are the type of support being provided. When they first started sending my rota to me it was just on two rows and this was great, top row the dates and the next row the time and the person attending followed by the type of support, all in two cells in excell. I don't know why it has changed, I am converting the pdf as always with omnipage to a spreadsheet to make it easier to follow, It is frustrating as my current rota is on several rows, the top row the date, next row the time, next row first name, next row the last name and finally the type of support. It really is frustrating. I have tried converting the rota to different formats, rtf, txt and so on, You have to read across the spreadsheet and find the date you want and then read down to get all the info you want, you cant do this in word or rtf or text. Any ideas please guys.

Regards

Adrien

Skype with me on adriencollins06

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password.  The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web),send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech  related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
-=-=-