Moving Bookmarks From one Folder to Another in Firefox

Steve Matzura

I thought I had lost some bookmarks. Apparently they've gone into the "Other bookmarks" folder in Firefox. I prefer to keep all my bookmarks in one folder. I tried marking all the bookmarks in the "Other" folder, cutting them, and pasting them into the main folder. This did not work. How then is this accomplished, how did I manage to get those bookmarks into "Other," and once I get them out of there, is it OK to remove this folder that I don't want or need?

As always, thanks in advance for help.