Re: [BlindTalk] The top 12 best jobs you can do from home

Shelly Kane

Thank you so much for your comment.

Shelly

On 10/30/2018 1:37 AM, Victor wrote:
Hello:

I see no reason why a blind person could not be a virtual assistant. You just have to P computer literate.

Victor

On Oct 29, 2018, at 10:25 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:

Thank you so much for your comments.  I'm just very cautious about these online websites.  I have also noticed from the article that it's not just for disabled people.  It was just sent by someone who was blind.  I have noticed that in previous websites that I have tried with doing surveys, they have been a scam.  I'm hoping these ones will not be.  I also looked at the job for a virtual assistant.  I haven't heard of that before but it looked interesting.  What is your take on that one?  Do you think people who are blind could do it?  Take care and thanks again.

Shelly

On 10/29/2018 6:32 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:
If you look at the paragraph below the list of types of jobs, you’ll see some tips on how to tell whether or not  the company is a scam.  I’m guessing that if it’s a company you’re not familiar with, it might be worth a try, as long as they don’t require private information or a fee.  But I’m wondering, do a lot of people want to know because they don’t want to waste time trying?

I’m going to be careful how I write this next paragraph, so you don’t miss getting this email:

incidentally, I’d like to have  my own   venture where I provide a lot of written work and services, and maybe things I invent.  Maybe I’m just idealistic, but I wish I could make enough to  invite anyone, including those with all kinds of disabilities, to grow their own.  and even give support when medical insurance won’t pay.

Thoughts, anyone?

On Oct 29, 2018, at 12:54 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:

        Hi Everyone:

I got this from another list and I was wondering if any of you can give me any insight on this website?  Do you know if these jobs are legitimate?  I have been wanting to do transcription for years and when I saw this, it peaked my interest more.  I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this or do you think this is a scam?  If you are unable to get to the website, please let me know.  The other question I have is do you know of any legitimate jobs for general transcription?  Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.  I am always a little skeptical of these things and that's why I was wondering if any of you know of any good jobs from home.  Thank you again.

Shelly