Re: Chat subgrou for Tech Talk

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

This sounds like a good decision. And if the chat dwindles, you can delete the sub-group. Should satisfy everyone but of course that is impossible. I have high hopes for this list and think it will be a good one.
Marie

From: Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:39 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Chat subgrou for Tech Talk

Okay, since I suspect this is likely to be the prevailing opinion, I have gone ahead and created a chat subgroup.  I agree that the excessive chatting may simply be a side effect of the fact that it is a new list, but having it available certainly can't hurt.  One of the differences between a standard/parent group and a subgroup, is that only members of the parent group can subscribe to a subgroup.  I hope that everyone understands that as much as I don't want to be a jerk, if we're going to make this change, I will have to mostly enforce the restriction on too much general chatting/humor on the primary list.  Of course, part of my reasoning for creating a new list was to provide a more open minded/friendly environment so this doesn't mean that I'm going to turn into a raving dictator.  In my opinion and experience, most rules which are too strictly enforced only wind up irritating those who are required to follow them.

The subscription address for the chat list is
and the posting address is