Re: jaws2019 is now released

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks for explanation. I just read Mike's information about 2019 on another list. I guess in my next Visa cycle, I'll get it.

I will share your explanation with a friend of mine who, believe it or not is running XP and JAWS 4.5. She simply can't continue that. She has some kind of flip phone that is going to be a dead dog, once LTE 3 is gone. Some of us have a hard time moving up.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] jaws2019 is now released

Hi Carolyn!

In the FS open line last week, they said that if you keep up with your SMAs, that is by far the cheapest way to go. The only reason why it is good for someone to buy the annual license, is if they have fallen way behind on their SMA, maybe if they only have version 16 or so, then the Yearly way would be a cheaper to get them caught up to JAWS 2019.

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

As I understand it, if you subscribe, you can use JAWS on more machines. also, as I said, if someone falls behind in upgrades, you can subscribe and use the current version without paying for any interveening upgrades. There may be other reasons but I know little about the subject.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:40 PM

To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

With an SMA costing less, why would anyone pay $90 a year or most assuredly $450 for five years, no break - 5 x 90 = 450.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:48 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io <mailto:main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] jaws2019 is now released

Jaws2019 is now released. And with it, the new licensing system so you can subscribe to jaws for $90 per year, $270 for 3 years or $450 for 5 years of jaws. But as for me, I will use up my SMA’s first. And then I may start subscribing to jaws.

Josh

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.