Re: [BlindTalk] The top 12 best jobs you can do from home

Victor

There used to be an organization called the national telecommuting institute. This organization helped train and place disabled people for home based jobs. This organization worked with the state vocational rehabilitation agency’s to make that happen. The state VR agencies paid the national telecommuting institute to do this work.

When I looked at the website years ago, it seemed promising. However, my VR counselor at the time said that the organization was not much good because it only provided seasonal and temporary work. Others on other groups have told me that they new people who had bad experiences with this organization. But I’ve also heard good things about the organization too. You might want to Google it.

Victor

On Oct 31, 2018, at 12:08 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you all for your input. I really don't think the best twelve jobs at home is a good website. I am very skeptical of jobs at home and survey takers. I have tried that before and it got me no where. I was talking with someone on another list and he told me that legal transcription is really good for people who are blind. Do any of you know about that and if so, what are your thoughts? He said I need to find a program or school for that. I did try looking into court stenography a few years ago but the school told me that I couldn't do it because you had to read material back to the judge. Take care for now.

Shelly

On 10/30/2018 1:29 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Shelly, let us know if you get a job and how it works out for you.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:43:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: - <dandunfee@gmail.com> <mailto:dandunfee@gmail.com>