Re: how do pay pal disputes work?

Penny Golden

My sister put in the info for me; so much easier; and I was surprised; they settled in my favor.
They have some strange rules; they would not let us start the proceedings till, either 22 or 30 days went by; i forget which.
I was exceedingly glad to get my funds back.  It wasn't the amount, $50, but it was the fact that I was sold something that the seller had no intention of sending.
Pen
pengold2@gmail.com

On 11/8/2018 7:13 PM, Hope Williamson via Groups.Io wrote:
I've had a couple PayPal disputes, but mostly over subscription refunds. Nothing to do with use of a claims service.

On 11/8/2018 4:55 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I opened a dispute with pay pal I think last week because I never received an item that I bought.  I got an e-mail today saying that the dispute has been escalated to a claims service. Does anybody know what happens now?

One of the reasons I'm asking is because the e-mail says that they may need more information from me during the review and that I'll need to respond in the alotted time or the claim will be settled in the sellers favor.  I check my e-mail several times a day so it's not likely that I'd be late responding with any information they might ask for, but I'd still like to know what to expect if anybody else has gone through this since this is my first time and the e-mail isn't very descriptive as far as what to expect.  I even looked in the legal section of the web site as was suggested and didn't find out anything there either.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Troy