Hi everyone:

When you use the messenger part of Facebook on your computer, you should hear a tone every time someone sends you a chat or a message. But you have to use the full desktop version of Facebook in order to hear that tone. At least that’s how it works for me.

Victor

On Nov 10, 2018, at 7:31 AM, TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@ml1.net> wrote:

Hi Shelly,
Thanks so much for your reply. But it sounds like nobody is using the Facebook messenger, which is a chat thing. Unfortunately, my sighted friends tell me that when you send a message to someone, Facebook does not notify them that that message is there. So it may be days to weeks before getting a response. I have teenaged family members who constantly use the messenger part of Facebook to talk back and forth, and I was hoping to be able to use it also.

TerriLynne

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is Facebook messenger usable with JAWS?

Terrilynn:

I have been reading the messages on this subject and I go to the mobile page for facebook on my computer but I don't use messenger. Whenever someone leaves a message, I go to messages and then I can respond. I didn't put messenger on my phone. I do use facebook on the phone as well. I like the computer for when I want to search people because it's easier to find them than when you are on the phone. The phone is nice for when you want to read your news feed and you want to comment or like things. Hope this helps.

Shelly

On 11/9/2018 7:28 PM, TerriLynne Pomeroy wrote:
Hi Hope,
Can you give me some specific directions on how to use it on the computer?
Like, when I go to the mobile site, then where do I go?

TerriLynne