From: Penny Golden <pengold2@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Friday, November 16, 2018 12:03
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Orbit Questions

Joe, you and I go back to dos days.  How I remember with great fondness
hearing you and the other old Apple folks chime in on the best ways to
do things.
Thanks for the info on the Orbit.   I tend to use my units as
stand-alone, and don't pair them with anything useful except the
reading-fingers. (Smiles.)
I have approximately 7000 books from bookshare. Does the Orbit allow for
folders of books, let's say, by subject?
So all my history textbooks could be in a folder. when the folder is
opened, the books would show up in alphabetical order?
So just how does that SD card operate?  What sorts of limits are there
to it?
Thanks so much.
Best,
Penny (Golden)
pengold2@...

On 11/16/2018 10:49 AM, Joe Giovanelli wrote:
Hi, Penny,

You have the right slant on the Orbit reader. When set to its Stand Alone operation, the device is a simple word processor. It reads .txt, .brl a nd.brf documents.

In its Remote Mode, it can be connected to devices either via a USB cable or bluetooth. Information on the connected device is shown on the Orbit's display.

I only use the Orbit reader in Stand Alone.

The Braille is excellent. I thought I'd have difficulty with no speech and a 20 cell display, but I have had no problems at all.

I use the device to keep wear and tear to a minimum on my U2. HIMS charges too much for most repairs.

To sum up, I really enjoy my Orbit reader. Once you understand how to work with its Editor, I think You'll love it as well.

Joe Giovanelli