Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:44 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Braille Display Questions

To Aman Singer:"
I'm currently in the process of seeking Pacmate driver. From what I recall, I must search for the Focus one, as it works on both units.

No, I definitely wasn't being sarcastic with relation to his and him.
I am a grammar prescriptivist and am against political correctness and the language it creates. So this made me smile.

Yes, I would consider the Pacmate to be an extra, but quite an interesting one. I haven't used JFW since 4.5.

I always make sure that everything I buy on Ebay has been tested, is working, and includes a return policy. There was one exception, but the seller was extremely honest and specifically said that, due to the age of the item, it might not work correctly, even though it was never opened.

I never considered not taking into account opinions on the actual braille of a braille display when reading a review. I thought that would be a core component of the description and experience. But I have only read a few such reviews in my life, since this is the first time I considered buyin a braille display. Almost everything else that I own is mainstream or cheap and simple enough that I could read the description on the website and know whether i wanted it or not.
But I suppose it's like a keyboard. Everyone has his own opinion on the matter.

I don't use bluetooth on anything, but it definitely explains the extra expense. Plus, the one I saw was a 40-cell display, which always cost more.

To Josh Kennedy:
I have heard negative things about the Orbit, so am a bit hesitant to use it. As for the notetaker, it cannot save to the proper braille code if it's not installed on the device. That is, even if I write something using Greek braile, if I saved it and then tried to convert it to txt or rtf and use it with my computer, it wouldn't work correctly. Likewise, it probably couldn't read my files on my thumb drive. But that doesn't really matter, as I will mainly be using such a display with NVDA. I am glad that the issues with the Braille Me have been resolved. As for the person I mentioned, he is not my friend. This was from a review that I read.

To Victor:
Has your focus always had this issue or is it recent? I hope I don't have the same issues with the Pacmate. I do remember that, sometimes, the dots on my Braille Lite 2000 would stick up and I had to run my finger across them, but that wasn't a serious issue. I can't ever recall that happening with my BrailleNote. Personally, I wouldn't mind 40 cells, though I would prefer them to be in two lines, not one.
It is easier to carry a smaller device.

To Chris G:
Thank you for the link. I am interested in hearing the podcast as well.

On 16/11/2018, Chris G <chris@magiccastle.online> wrote:
Hi Don,
Here is a link to the podcast in question.

https://www.mysticaccess.com/j04p