Hi everyone:

I recently listened to an audio demonstration of the sound of the orbit reader. Based on that demonstration, it sounds like the orbit reader is kind of noisy. Those of us who work in radio broadcasting an audio editing probably would not be served very well by the orbit reader as it would probably interfere with live broadcasting and audio editing. However, I hope they will make the orbit reader quieter. It sounds like it still a better braille display then the braille maybe. Just my thoughts,

Victor

On Nov 18, 2018, at 2:57 PM, Ann Parsons <akp@sero.email> wrote:

Hi all,

<smiling> The current buzz word for what use to be called Grade I braille is uncontracted braille. Yes, a .txt file would show up as uncontracted braille.

Ann P.

Original message:
So, since the Orbit Reader reads .txt is what you read in first grade
Braille? I have heard over and over that it is not a translator so this
would seem to be the case. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks much.
Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@gmail.com
Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its
strength.
Corrie Ten Boom - 1892-1983 - Watchmaker
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joegio100@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Orbit Questions

Hi, Penny,
You have the right slant on the Orbit reader. When set to its Stand Alone
operation, the device is a simple word processor. It reads .txt, .brl a
nd.brf documents.
In its Remote Mode, it can be connected to devices either via a USB cable or
bluetooth. Information on the connected device is shown on the Orbit's
display.
I only use the Orbit reader in Stand Alone.
The Braille is excellent. I thought I'd have difficulty with no speech and
a 20 cell display, but I have had no problems at all.
I use the device to keep wear and tear to a minimum on my U2. HIMS charges
too much for most repairs.
To sum up, I really enjoy my Orbit reader. Once you understand how to work
with its Editor, I think You'll love it as well.
Joe Giovanelli