Re: having trouble sharing a folder in dropbox.

Jim Rawls

Thanks Steve. It worked. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 6:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having trouble sharing a folder in dropbox.

Are you doing this from the client via File Explorer, or from the Dropbox Website? I have never found a way to do it from the client. Best thing I've found is to log in to the Dropbox account, find the folder you want shared, and activate the control immediately following the folder n name. Sometimes it's called "Share," sometimes it's called "Options," depending on the path you take to get to the folder in the first place, but the end result is the same. On the Share/Options page you will find a control with the word "invite" or "invitation," I don't remember the exact wording,but the intent is clear. Activate that control, fill out the form with email addresses of those with whom you wish to share the folder, activate the "send invitation" control at at the end/bottom of the form, and you're done. Then just sit back and wait for the new sharers to receive the Dropbox invitation email and react to it.

On 11/22/2018 3:32 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all,

I have a folder I wish to share with a friend. The folder is in my folders in dropbox. When I go to share, I can’t figure out where to put the person’s email address, and what to do after that. I am running windows ten, and jaws 2019. Help please. Thanks. Smile. Jim