Re: having trouble sharing a folder in dropbox.

Jim Rawls

Well I have an apologize to make. What happened is this. when I asked my friend if he received the file, he had not, and when I checked my folder to see if my friend’s name was added to the dropbox folder, it was not, so I spoke too soon. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2018 10:14 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having trouble sharing a folder in dropbox.

I just tried it and the form that comes up is horrible. Everything is some kind of modal access dialog, which means not a thing to me. I typed in an email address and pressed TAB, then I figured out after several attempts that it wanted a message, so I typed one and pressed ENTER.  Then I got a Windows notification that said "Take a look at what's in this shared folder." No email arrived, the folder did not get shared. I don't think this really works.

On 11/23/2018 1:02 PM, Hope Williamson via Groups.Io wrote:

Once you get to the folder you want to share, there’s a share item in the context menu in the client. You get there by hitting the right windows key or shift + F10, if your keyboard doesn’t have one. Then, it’s just a matter of navigating down to “share” and pressing enter. After that a form will come up asking who you want to share the folder to and you enter the recipient email address.