Re: PDF problem

Quentin Christensen

If you are using NVDA on Windows 10, the feature is built in.  If you are using NVDA on earlier versions of Windows, there is an add-on: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/ocr.en.html

When NVDA reports that the document is empty, press NVDA+R to run OCR.
Once done is announced, either use the regular navigation and reading keys to read just as any other document (Windows 10), or if using the add-on, use the review cursor (see https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#ReviewingText for the keystrokes).

In both cases, press ESCAPE when done.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:16 PM Kay Malmquist <kay.malmquist@...> wrote:
I have a users guide that I would like to read.  However, when I open the document I get the message alert empty document.  It must be a scanned image.  Any way to read this?  Thanks much.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.
Corrie Ten Boom - 1892-1983 - Watchmaker

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess