Re: Copying large amounts of stuff

Ron Canazzi

Hi Howard,

I don't  know what version of Windows you are using and what screen reader, but for many Windows versions and many versions of screen readers, when you copy a large group of files like that and when Windows detects that there are duplicates, Windows prompts you to replace, skip or copy and maintain or something like that. In Windows 8 and 10, there is a checkbox that says 'perform the same action for the next X number of files.'  If you check this checkbox, then Windows will skip (if you desire) all the duplicates and copy over only the new files.

On 12/2/2018 8:40 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Hi All,

On my main computer, I have a very large folder of mp3 (music) files.  On several external drives, I have folders of the same type containing much of the same stuff.  I'd like to copy what I need from the externals to my main drive to make a master containing everything.  However, when I do this, I'm doing a lot of replacing; when folders and files already exist on the target drive.  Question is:  Is there a command set or software program that will copy just the fresh stuff and ignore the existing duplicate stuff?  It sure would be a time saver if it could be done.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Howard

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.