Re: Microsoft does it again

Gene

An interesting thing about DOS 6.22 is that if you used Scandiskor defrag, they were designed to mimic Windows programs.  Alt opened menus in Scandisk, and in Defrag.  You could press letters in the menus to do things.  I don't recall enough details to discuss those the utilities further.  As I recall, Help was also designed to mimmick a Windows interface.

Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2018 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft does it again

Oh for the good old days of DOS 6.22.

On 12/8/2018 6:22 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Yet another reason to avoid updating to Windows 10 as long as possible.  If your Windows 7 machine still does everything you need it to do, there is really no good reason to upgrade to Windows 10 unless your the type who enjoys aggravation.

Gerald

On 12/8/2018 5:25 AM, Gene wrote:
I really don't think people should apply any updates from Microsoft until a few days or maybe a week later if using Windows 10.  If Microsoft becomes reliable in the quality of its updates again, this caution may not be necessary but I think it is now.  This is one more reason why.
I'm not sure where you can check to see if problems have been found with updates but others may know.  I'm also not sure if this caution should extend to all versions of Windows or just be used with Windows 10.

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"