Nonsense!!

Jack And BECKY
Sent, from our i fingers :-)

On Dec 9, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Marie <scribbles5@comcast.net> wrote:

The big difference here is what we now do with our computers versus what we could do back when.
And the number of software programs available was so limited they had plenty of time to beta test, if there even was a public beta then.
So, I guess what I am saying is you are not comparing apples to apples and it all depends on what you want to accomplish with the computer and if you enjoy learning and expanding your world.
Marie

-----Original Message----- From: Jack And Becky
Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2018 7:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft does it again

Oh my LORD yes! One of the best deaf guy machines I every had, was a laptop running DOS with an 80 cell power braille. You could do what you needed to do and GET OFF of there! It was simple easy straight forward to and point and more times than NOT WORKED! Keep in mind guys The latest and greatest is seldom also the best because we live in a an age when companies don't even bother to adiquately beta test there software and so on so forth
rant rant Grin

Happy Sunday all!
Jack And BECKY
Sent, from our i fingers :-)

On Dec 9, 2018, at 3:14 AM, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@gmail.com> wrote:

That's right. I never had anywhere near the problems with dos that I have had with windows. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2018 7:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I was being facetious. But one thing about DOS, you almost never heard
it crashing your system to the point where technicians had to
reformat/reinstall at a hefty price of $100 or more.

On 12/8/2018 11:22 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
Sheesh, another dark-ager.

On 12/8/2018 8:53 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Oh for the good old days of DOS 6.22.

On 12/8/2018 6:22 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Yet another reason to avoid updating to Windows 10 as long as possible. If your Windows 7 machine still does everything you need it to do, there is really no good reason to upgrade to Windows 10 unless your the type who enjoys aggravation.

Gerald

On 12/8/2018 5:25 AM, Gene wrote:
I really don't think people should apply any updates from Microsoft until a few days or maybe a week later if using Windows 10. If Microsoft becomes reliable in the quality of its updates again, this caution may not be necessary but I think it is now. This is one more reason why.
https://www.komando.com/happening-now/518921/another-windows-update-removed-after-blue-screen-of-death-reports?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=notd&utm_content=2018-12-08-a-d
I'm not sure where you can check to see if problems have been found with updates but others may know. I'm also not sure if this caution should extend to all versions of Windows or just be used with Windows 10.
They As

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"