Re: Kapsys SmartVision 2 cell phone

Lenron

Hmm I agree with you on this, but that's because if I am going to
spend that price on a phone. I am going to get something that does
everything, and comes from a company that I know is good.

On 12/11/18, Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

A slight correction.  Kapsys phones are sold through Irie-AT, a
relatively unknown online company that sells products for the blind from
other, relatively unknown companies.  They are certainly not as
well-known in the blindness community as ILA, Maxi-Aids, AT Guys  and
LS&S Products.  And although their Kapsys Smart Vision 2 phone may sound
like the greatest invention since sliced bread, it is hard to justify
spending $900 for a phone made by an obscure manufacturer that is sold
by an equally obscure online  merchant who may or may not be around when
you need help or tech support.  Caveat emptor.

Gerald

On 12/11/2018 8:36 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

I am very skeptical about Kapsys, a relatively littel-known start-up
company whose phones seem overpriced for what they offer.  Since their
products are aimed at a small, niche market, their long-term viability
isquestionable.  Remember Odin Mobiel, a similar company whose mission
was to offer accessible, blind-friendly cell phones?  How did that
work out? Where are they now?  How many blind consumers got stuck with
their products?  Unfortunately, it may simply not be possible to find
a basic, affordable cell phone that offers both a tactile keypad and
talking caller ID.  But to me, it is important for someone who is not
tech savvy to be able to handle a cell phone that he/she isinterested
in before actually buying it.   Obviously, this is not possible with
the Kapsys phones, which, at present, are not sold through major
retailers like Target, Walmart,Best Buy or Costco. So if you shell out
$900 for a Smart Visions 2 phone, and Kapsys goes belly up like Odin
Mobile, you're totally screwed.

Gerald

On 12/11/2018 7:47 AM, Gene wrote:
They appeal to seniors who don't have enough vision loss to make the
phone not properly accessible.  The question is, are there phones
that serve those who are in that category?