Re: looking for a set of USB computer speakers

Walter Ramage

Hi. I'm late on this thread. My Mini PC has a 3.mm headphone jack that won't work either, not sure why, even my computer guy didn't get it to work and can't find a reason why. He got from Amazon a USB to 3.5mm headphone socket adaptor and that has solved my problem and it will be cheaper than new speakers. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: 27 December 2018 17:12
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] looking for a set of USB computer speakers

Hello Peter,

I saw those speakers when I looked, but the 3.5 mm plug it mentions
needing to use is the same thing that would go into my 1/8-inch jack
that doesn't work is it not?

Troy

On 12/27/2018 9:16 AM, Peter Spitz wrote:
Troy:

Try these, they are USB and have good reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/Creative-USB-Powered-Speakers-Far-Field-Radiators/dp/B0777N8GPL/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1545923633&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+speakers

On 12/26/18, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

The earphone/speaker jack on my laptop appears to not work, so can
anybody recommend speakers that I can plug into the USB port or a hub
and they'll work?

I want a set and not just one because if I can I want to put one on each
side of the laptop. I looked on amazon yesterday but it sounded like
the set I found were USB powered but still had a 1/8-inch plug that
would have to be used, and as I mentioned above that plug appears not to
work on this machine.

Thanks.

Troy