Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2019 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How much physical RAM can a laptop hold?

Hi all,

Let's start with the simple things.  What kind of hard disk is in the
thing?  If it's a SATI you will want to run disk clean-up and defrag.
If it is a solid state one, this will not help.  Next, you want to see
what processes are running currently and eliminate those you don't
need.  Then, you want to run your virus checker.  After all that, then
take a look at the innards of your laptop, best done by a knowledgeable
amateur or prefessional.  There will be slots for the memory, and you,
or your guru can determine how much you can fit in the case.  Oh, you
might want to run a memory check too.   If you've got Win10, you want 8
megs of RAM.

HTH,
Ann P.

--