Re: How much physical RAM can a laptop hold?

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Keith & List:

Contact HP. Give them your laptop model and serial number. They can advise how much RAM it can use.

I upgraded this laptop from eight to 16 GB, does not seem to speed it up much but should.

Depending upon the age of your laptop, it may be advisable to scrap it and buy a new one.

Have a Dell Mobile Workstation I loaded up with 64 GB of RAM. Figure that should let it survive several updates to Windows without running out of RAM.

Brian K. Lingard