Re: I hope this isn't off topic/AIRA

chris judge

It would be perfect for that. I want to get it, along with the glasses, and see how successful I can be navigating around an airport, from check in to bording the plane, it would be awesome to be able to do this without needing a companion.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 10:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I hope this isn't off topic/AIRA

Definitely not off topic, and I would like to learn more about this app myself. I guess it could also be used to solve image captchas.

Gerald

On 1/9/2019 9:28 AM, joanne wrote:

Please let me know if I went off-topic with this. I am wondering if anyone has used AIRA, which is a service whereby you have a phone with a camera and even extra glasses they provide. If you need sighted help with various things--and someone to see if your silent computer screen is doing anything would be one of those things ... just wondered if someone has it and what they think. I understand that now you can use one of their provided phones and their phones have a raised button as opposed to a regular android or I phone. I have seen it used and was pretty impressed, but of course would like to hear more reviews on it.

Joanne