Re: laptop keyboard, delete key won't function

Patrick Ford

Hi,

I actually just got off the phone from MS disability support, and by remote access the tech fixed the problem. There was some kind of snag  at the start up with some conflict with programs which caused  some performance problem. He disabled a few like drop box and then did a restart  and the delete key is working fine. With drop box  and the other programs once again enabled, another restart just to check and the delete key is still functioning.

Thanks for getting back and for your help.

Patrick  

Come and See

ScripturePassage+subscribe@groups.io

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] laptop keyboard, delete key won't function

I wonder if this behavior is controlled by Windows or by the BIOS,, or whatever the replacement for BIOS is called.  I don't recall.  At any rate, I'm curious what happens if you use delet in a document.  Does it do what it usually does, delete the character to the right of the character immediately to the right of your current position? 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 6:08 AM

Hi, yeah I have rebooted, and there are no restore points …strange thing …but it does work  in conjunction with the shift key …thanks …

Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 6:27 AM

I don't know what is causing the problem but have you rebooted since the problem began?  Do you have system restore points?

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 3:03 AM

Thanks Gene, the delete key does not function in general; I noticed last night that after trying a combination of keys along with the delete  key, the shift plus delete key does make the delete key function. But this should not be. The delete key always worked alone. Does windows have some program that could change the function of keys, and perhaps I accidently set this in motion?

Thanks.

Patrick  

Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:19 PM

Try another screen-reader.  I can't answer definitely because I don't want to assume what odd things might happen when using a computer.  But NVDA shouldn't cause the problem.

Where does the delete key not work, in general or in a specific program?

Gene

----- original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:02 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] laptop keyboard, delete key won't function

On an Acer Aspire laptop, windows 10, the delete key stopped functioning; I receive a windows sound which seems to indicate a wrong key  …I’m using NVDA as well …could this be the problem?

Come and See

ScripturePassage+subscribe@groups.io

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.