From: Kwork
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fixing firefox

In Quantum versions of Firefox, it's in the Privacy and Security tab of settings, and it's a bit buried. It'll take much tabbing to get there. The entry that you want to make sure is unchecked is

Prevent accessibility services from accessing your browser

The catch 22 is that, if it's checked, we can't read anything anyway, and either sighted help will be needed to uncheck it, or a complete uninstall, then reinstall of Firefox. Using, and backing up, a working portable installation is not a bad idea.

Travis

On 1/9/2019 4:19 AM, Gene wrote:
I'm not sure what happened but it sounds as though somehow, the allow accessibility is turned off.  I don't recall the exact name.  If someone doesn't tell you how to find it, I can check my Firefox.  This is a perfect example of why I say that people should use the portable version of Firefox.  it does everything the installed version does and you can keep a backup copy.  If something happens to the copy you are using, you can just copy and paste the backup copy to the location where you have the copy that you use.  You would delete the copy you are using, then place a copy of the backup version in the same location.

You won't have to worry about how to correct problems because you can just replace the problem version with a version that works correctly.

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 12:44 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] fixing firefox

Hello, is there a way to repare firefox? Suddenly, my firefox does not speak at all! So how do I repare it as I cant get it to go to tools to have it start with add ons disabled?

Thanks Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites: