Re: Uber trouble?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Shelly, Would you tell me about where I should be able to find the “Dictate” button?

Again thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:36 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Uber trouble?

Vicky:

You are more than welcome.  I hope this helps you be able to use it more efficiently.  No, I have never had to log in again.  My settings are saved so when I open Uber, I can just start getting my trips scheduled.  I haven't heard of this before and I have no idea who you could contact.  The only thing I can suggest is getting someone who is sighted to check it out for you and maybe delete the App and then log in again and have them help you save everything.  You should be able to start getting rides as soon as you open it.  Let me know how the dictating feature works for you.  It's a great service but a bit expensive.  Take care and good luck.

Shelly

On 1/8/2019 9:54 AM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Hi and thank you Shelly for your helpful information!  I will certainly try your dictating method!

Since you say that you also only use it on an infrequent basis, have you found that you must reauthenticate yourself with it every month? I know I have for at least November December and January.  This is a bit of a pain!

Thanks again!

Vicky

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:21 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Uber trouble?

Hi Vicky:

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Uber.  I use it occasionally and it's been about a year.  I have had no trouble using it at all.  I had someone set it up for me and ever since then, it has worked perfectly.  What I do is open the app, and it will say where to and I hit dictate and say where I'm going and you basically have to say the address and the town it's in because there may be several streets with the same name and after that, you swipe over until it

says something like coming from and you can automatically put your home address in there and it will say home but sometimes, I have had to put other address in and it's the same format and then you swipe over and select Uber X or Xl and after that, you hit request Uber and it will say finding nearby drivers.  I hope this helps.  I have found that Lyft is more accessible because they have an easier format to contact their drivers.  I have trouble contacting Uber drivers.  Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Shelly On 1/7/2019 5:59 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Hi List, Has anyone here with no site, been able to work independently with Uber on their iPhone?

This is now the third month and each month I have to reauthenticate it.  However, when I try to do that, the voiceover stops and not even a clicking sound is audible. 

If you have gotten this to work for you and you are dependent on Voiceover to use it, would you very kindly help me out?

Sincerely, Vicky Vaughan

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.