Re: Thunderbird and junk mail

Gene

That explains the question.

But does that mean that no spam filtering is offered by default?  My impression is that these days, e-mail programs have some level of spam filtering turned on by default.

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Thunderbird and junk mail

Thunderbird does not install a junk folder by default.  It is not the same as the trash folder which is equivalent to the Deleted Items folder in WLM.

Gerald

On 1/9/2019 10:17 AM, Gene wrote:
What causes there not to be a junk folder, I think its actually called trash, are people looking for the right thing?  It’s a default folder, placed in the program automatically when you create an account, at least it is when you create a POP3 account.  I don't know what happens with an IMAP account.  And shouldn't you see a trash or junk folder provided by your e-mail provider if you have an IMAP account an nothing would ever go to the junk folder anyway?  I may be wrong, never having had an IMAP account but that is what I suspect.

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 8:25 AM

Yes, if you have not configured a junk folder, messages flagged as junk
will be routed to your In Box.

Gerald