Re: I hope this isn't off topic/AIRA

Marie <scribbles5@...>

I have researched this service and if you do much traveling, I would say it is a great service.
For many of the things
mentioned in this thread, You can use Be My Eyes and it is free. I have used it for many of the item named. like seeing what is on the computer screen, including capchas, checking the color of clothes and on and on.
One of the businesses partnered with Aira is Wal Greens. You sign up for a free use of Aira while in their store and can use the camera on your phone in place of the glasses.

I am not downgrading Aira, but just pointing out some free alternatives for some of their functions.
Marie

Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:31 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I hope this isn't off topic/AIRA

Yes I do believe it can help with captias. Some of the things Chris J. mentioned I have actually seen: it helped some people get around a theme park freely: the rep directed a friend to different places like the all-important bathroom when you're out shopping. I too would love to see if I could at least get to my gate when at an airport. They will read mail, answer you as to whether or not your clothes match, read recipes on items. It does seem costly, though, and I hope they'll work on that.

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 9:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I hope this isn't off topic/AIRA

Definitely not off topic, and I would like to learn more about this app myself. I guess it could also be used to solve image captchas.

Gerald 

On 1/9/2019 9:28 AM, joanne wrote:
Please let me know if I went off-topic with this. I am wondering if anyone has used AIRA, which is a service whereby you have a phone with a camera and even extra glasses they provide. If you need sighted help with various things--and someone to see if your silent computer screen is doing anything would be one of those things ... just wondered if someone has it and what they think. I understand that now you can use one of their provided phones and their phones have a raised button as opposed to a regular android or I phone. I have seen it used and was pretty impressed, but of course would like to hear more reviews on it.

Joanne

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.