Re: external hard drive question

Gene

I don't know why you are having problems finding these products on the sites.  I suspect you are somehow searching incorrectly.  Whatever the case, if you can't find something that absolutely should be where you are looking, do a Google or whatever search engine you use search for the thing by itself such as USB powered hard drives, or search for USB powered har drives and the name of the place you want to see information from such as USB powered hard drives amazon.  I did this and the first result I got was for relevant information. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] external hard drive question

Keith, I know of 2 external usb powered harddrives, they are seagate drives. One is a 1 tb and the other one is a 2 tb drive. I do know that western digital makes them as well. The seagate drives can be found at walmart, target and staples.

Wayne

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:01 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] external hard drive question

Hi, I have a series of external hard drives which all have USB cables and AC power cords attached to the backs of them, and theya ll have a rocker switch to turn them on and off.

I over heard  some people talking about USB powered external hard drives, but when I looked on amazon.com and mwave.com I could not find anything  using the search terms "USB powered external hard drive"

Does anyone know what I am trying to find?

And, if so, what would be some good search terms when trying to find them on online stores?

Thanks

keith

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.