Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Suggestions on an email client

I never meant to suggest that email didn't exist 30 years ago. I stated
that the email clients that were being discussed here, namely Outlook
Express, Outlook, WLM and Thunderbird, did not yet exist. But whichever
email system existed 30 years ago, it is hard to imagine how it would
have been accessible to a blind computer user because screen readers
were still in their infancy and would not have been sophisticated enough
to handle email. I believe that the first screen reading programs were
introduced around 1985, and the first version of JAWS was not released
until 1995.

Gerald