Re: the dtbm machine from nls

Troy Burnham

I don't use the dtbm anyway as I have a Victor reader stream that I read books with.  The only reason I'm asking about the dtbm now is that I have a magazine on a cartridge from nls that I want to start reading and I'll need the dtbm for that.

Troy

On 1/29/2019 11:07 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Not necessarily.  The NLS stopped producing advanced players a few years ago, and many network libraries no longer have any on hand as replacements for patrons who return defective players or want to swap a standard player for an advanced one.  Before returning your standard player for an advanced one, contact your network library first to determine whether they have any available.  All advanced players sent out by network libraries are now refurbished units; there are no longer any new unitts available for circulation, and the only new players currently being produced are standard models.

Gerald

On 1/29/2019 11:15 AM, andy.tidwell wrote:
Hello Troy, if you would like to get an advanced player it is as easy as contacting your library and requesting one and they will trade out with you no questions ask it
Will take a couple of days for you to receive it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:25 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the dtbm machine from nls

Thanks all, I'm pretty sure I have the original machine and not the advanced model given how long I've had it.

Troy

On 1/29/2019 6:47 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Depends on which version of the DTBM you have, but if you hold down
the diamond shaped info key, you should get the user guide, I think.
All the buttons are labeled in braille, so it shouldn't take too long
to learn your machine.

Ann P.