Re: what to do about this when using a card in my computer

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

What version of windows are you running, Pamela?

George

On 1/30/2019 1:43 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
Okay, I’ll have to remember to try it and see what happens.  I just wonder why it thinks it needs power dvd.  That used to happen to me when I plugged anything into these USB ports in this laptop.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] what to do about this when using a card in my computer

That still works.

On 1/30/2019 12:59 PM, Dan Rathburn wrote:

Hi,

I haven't tried this in later versions of Windows but in WWindws XP, holding down the shift key while a DVD or CD was loading stopped the file from playing and gave access to the software that was trying to play the file. Might be worth a try.

Regards,

Dan

The nice thing about science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:58 AM

In this laptop, if I put an sdhc card in its adapter into the slot in my computer, it will think I’m using power DVD.  It will say power DVD, and start playing what’s on the card.  I don’t know what player it is using to do that, probably power DVD’s player, but I can’t make it stop.  I can’t close the window, or anything.  If I am able to hear the screenreader underneath all that racket, I can go into my computer, and if I go all the way down to the bottom of what it is showing, I see “sdhc card” as the last one.  So it does show up as what it is.  But what do I do about it thinking it’s power DVD?  And how can I make it stop playing?  Pam.
_._,_._,