Re: Wireless laserjet printer question

Robin Frost

Hi,
Sadly I did attempt to install the software but the instructions with this printer actually said if you’re not using it in an enterprise environment you shouldn’t need the cd. Once installed all the software merely gave me blank screen announcements no matter what I did.  So sadly this model is packed up in its box and will head back tomorrow as HP had no suggestions for getting it going short of having sighted help and that which I consulted who sells printers for a living by the way didn’t get much further than did I so this model wasn’t meant to be mine.  I know someone who has had success with a Cannon so that’s what I’ll try next. It makes me sad as I’ve always had hp printers but oh well so it goes and the search continues.
Robin

Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wireless laserjet printer question

Hi Robin:

You may need to install the software the printer came with.  Possibly, the necessary wireless interface software is on the CD you have.  I’ll suggest disconnecting the USB plug before doing this.  In my case, I didn’t even bother to use the USB plug my printer came with.  I simply installed the accompanying software and the wireless protocol was easy to set with a screen reader and no sighted help. 

I understand that the software may be badly designed for accessibility.  Be that as it may, I believe that if you call HP’s Tech Support, they’ll gladly help you with the wireless interface if all other attempts don’t seem to be working as expected.  I find Canon Tech Support folks to be pretty cool, and I think that HP folks are about the same if not better. 

With that, I’m going back to CUTTING THE WIRES and lining them up for sale on Wall Street just to see how much I’ll make in such an auction <smile>, all the very best!

Sincerely,

Olusegun

Denver, Colorado

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.