Re: Dropbox icon missing from system tray

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Carlos, thanks for these instructions. I feel kind of silly because the icon has now reappeared on its own. I haven’t used this machine in a while because I’ve been in the process of moving so I’m wondering if being on a wireless network makes a difference in terms of dropbox being able to sync folders right away.

From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@...]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:38 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Dropbox icon missing from system tray

The

"show all icons"

setting may have become disabled.  If so, to reenable it do the following.
1. Move to the Desktop by pressing Windows key M or Windows key D.
2. Tab once to the

"Start"

button.

4. Press Alt Enter to open the

"Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

dialog.
5. Tab until you hear

"Notification area Customize..."

and press enter.
6. Tab once again until you find the checkbox labeled
"Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar"
and check it.
7. Select the

"OK"

button to exit the "Notification Area Icons" dialog.
8. Select

"OK"

again to exit the