Re: changing the e-mail sound in thunderbird and windows 10

Troy Burnham

Hi Gerald,

The sound has to be in wave format though is that right?  I didn't realize it until after I asked but the sounds I have, which I just got this morning, appear to have an .exe extension as they are part of a sound pack to be used with a chat site.  I haven't tried to run the file to see what happens but it may not work like I want to use it.

Troy

On 2/21/2019 1:07 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Go to options on the Thunderbird tools menu, select general (1 of9) and  tab all the way to the radio button labeled "play a sound", which is set to the dedault system sound.  Scroll down once to choose a different sound and then browse to the file containing the sound you want to play whenever you receive new messages.

Gerald

On 2/21/2019 12:58 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way in windows 10 and thunderbird to change the sound I hear when e-mail finishes downloading?  I want to go back to the e-mail sound I had in windows 7 if possible.

Thanks.

Troy