From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Missa
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:39 PM
To: main
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How do I get microsoft voices to be in both core voices and sapi folders?

I'm still wondering how to do this. I have two folders.
C> windows>speechengines>TTS> EN-US
In that folder I only have 4 files for Zira.
When I choose SAPI for synth in pref I have:
David, Hazel, and Zira.
I have another folder C>windows>speech_oneCore>engines>TTS>
In there I have the EN-USS, EN-AU, EN-EA, EN-GB, EN-CA folders
When I select Windows One Core I have these as options:
George, David, Katherine, Hazel, Susan, Linda, Zira, Richard, Mark, and James

I would like to use Linda, she is in EN-CA, but I'm not sure how to
add her to the regular Speech folder for SAPI voice. I also have no
clue where the files for the other EN-US voices are in the regular
speech>engine>TTS folder
Anyone able to help me with this?

thanks

On 2/15/19, Melissa Hammitt <melissa.j.hammitt@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm using NVDA 18.4 and windows 1803
I had issue with the synth I was using before windows update. I'm
attempting to migrate to using a different one. I downloaded a few
languages to get different voices to use. I have a couple in the sapi
folder and all of them in the core voices folder. However, I made
changes to one of the voices and it is for the sapi voices ... which
don't have the voices I want to try/use.
Where on my computer do I find these voices to edit?
How do I get them to be both in sapi and core voices options for synth in
NVDA?
I was only able to find one voice to edit though I have multiple
voices in both sapi and core voices.

Any help will be appreciated.