Help Needed Please, Battery is not charging when plugged in. status of battery power is reading 0% available plugged-in not charging.

rhonda

Help Needed Please
I have a Dell Laptop.
When I look in my system tray, the status of battery power is reading
0% available plugged-in not charging.
So my daughter did a search and got this on how to solve the problem.
How to fix the problem 'plugged in not charging' on my Dell Inspiron
laptop - Quora

Try the following and hope that it fixes.

Check if there’s any BIOS update available related to battery for your laptop
model.Download and try to update

Where do I find this information?

model.Download and try to update but before updating perform below steps:-

list of 9 items
• Power off the system.
• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers,
external hard drives) from the computer.
• Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the battery from it.
• Press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds to release the
residual charge from the laptop.
• Reconnect the battery and the AC Adapter.
• Once the system is powered on and booted properly, re-seat the
battery. Check if you still get the error or not.
• Boot the system to BIOS, tapping the F2 key on the Dell logo screen
when you power on the system.
• Press F9 key to load BIOS defaults. Once done, press F10 key to save
and exit. System will restart. Check if the error is still there.
• Try and wiggle the AC Adapter cable and check if that makes a difference.
list end

Alternatively, you could also try below steps:-

list of 7 items
• With above 20% battery left,unplug the power cord from both laptop
and wall outlet.
• Open the bottom cover and Remove the battery
• Dry Wipe the battery connectors with a clean cloth several times.
• Put the battery back in and cover,
• Turn the laptop on with battery only.
• Now plug power cord into side of laptop, then into wall outlet.
• Check if it returns to charging state.
list end
Still not getting any charge.
Battery is now at 0%.
using on electric only.