Re: Help Needed Please, Battery is not charging when plugged in. status of battery power is reading 0% available plugged-in not charging.

rhonda

I'm using Windows 7.
Thank you for your help for I'm not that savvy when it comes to all
the technical things that come along with the comp.
Now as when you're able to assist me!
I go out during the day for at least 5 hours.
That will put me out until 3:00 PM.
I do have a phone.
let me know when it is best for you.
Again thanks for helping me with this problem...
"lol."
So until!.

On 2/24/19, Brian Zolo <bzolo@wowway.com> wrote:
Hi, Rhonda, Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio. You can go to
support.dell.com and go to the drivers and downloads page to check for
updates for your Dell. You're going to need your machine's service tag to
do this. The service tag can be found on the bottom of your laptop but
there's an easier way to get that information. What version of windows are
you using? You need to get to your command line. You can do this by
hitting your windows key plus the letter r and then type in cmd and then hit
enter. You then be placed at your c:\users\whatever your user name
directory is and then you will have to type cd\ and then hit enter which
will then take you to your root directory. Then you will type wmic bios get
serialnumber and then press enter. That will get your laptop's serial
number for you and then you can put that serial number in on the
support.dell.com web page and it will then show you what updates are
available for your machine. If you need assistance doing this, don't
hesitate to get in touch with me and I'll be happy to assist you. Is there
a phone number that I can call you and I'll be happy to assist you. A bios
update certainly might fix this but you may have a problem with your
battery. Let me know if I can assist you further. Have a great day! bZ!