Re: MAKING A DELETION IN EXCEL

Quentin Christensen

Hi Olusegun,

I'll answer the second part first:
A cell is one "edit" box in your excel worksheet.
row, is all the cells in a horizontal row.  Rows are numbered, 1, 2, 3, etc.
A column is all the cells in a verticle block.  Columns have letters, A, B, C, etc.

So, A1 is the top left cell, B4 is in the second column and the fourth row, etc.

To select a small number cells in Excel, move to the first one (A1), hold SHIFT, and use the right and down arrows to select the remainder of the cells.  To select a larger area like you want, press CONTROL+G to open the Go-To dialog, type A1:AD27 and press ENTER.  The whole block specified will be selected.  You can then press DELETE to remove the contents.  To remove the cells entirely, open the context menu and select "Delete", then specify exactly what to do (move other cells left or up, or delete the whole rows or columns).

Using NVDA, press NVDA+tab to report the current cell location.  Press NVDA+numpad delete (or NVDA+delete in laptop layout) to report the current cell location, including sheet.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 1:53 PM Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@...> wrote:
Ok good folks, it's my turn to ask for help with Excel.  More than likely,
my question may have been answered more than once!  And I did fail to pay
attention.

What am I trying to do?  There's data starting in A1 through AD27; I want to
highlight and delete all the info contained therein.  How can I do that?

One other question, how do I differentiate between cells and rows in Excel?
Example, does the A B C, etc. refer to cells and the 1 through infinity
refer to the row?

Thanking you for all help and I promise to pay better attention going
forward!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado