Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] google chrome notifications on my task bar

Hi Troy!

I have the answer to stop all of this!

On the settings page, press enter on Advanced settings.

Next, press enter on Content settings.

You have a list of notifications that are listed once, what they do, then the notification is listed again as a button.

Press enter on the button choice, to open up the choices for that notification.

Here is an example you will see on the content settings.

Location!

Ask if Chrome should use your location.

Notification.

Press enter on the second location.

Now, there will be a choice to press the spacebar on the choice, to not ask you if Chrome should use your location.

There are many of these where you will have to do the same thing, if you do not want Chrome asking you.

Some of these, though, you might want Chrome to ask you if it should use certain apps.

For example, there is another content setting that says:

Mike

Ask to use mike in Chrome

Mike

You have to press enter on mike, then choose the choice with the spacebar to not ask you in Chrome.

The thing is, I would not want Chrome to use my microphone without knowing it.

These are the notifications you are getting on web pages.

To go to settings, press the alt key,

Up-arrow to settings, and press enter.

A web like page will open where each setting category is a heading.

The last heading on the page is Advanced.

It is closed, so press enter on that to open all of these advanced settings.

Then, there is a heading called Content settings on the Advanced settings page.

That is what you want, so press enter on content settings.

Then, like I explained above, enter on the second time it says the notification; JAWS will say button, and decide if you want Chrome to ask you or not if it can do something.

Take care, Troy, and I really hope this helps.

Let me know how this works out for you!

David Moore

                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10