Re: searching my trash folder in thunderbird

Nancy Hill

Gerald,

As  far as I can tell, the only way my instructions would not work as described would be if they would not work for Win10.  I don't recall which TB I am using, but I am using Win7 and Jaws 18.   Any time I want to check something about an email that is already in the trash folder, I  go to the trash folder and do as I described.  I can then pull up files/emails in this case, using key words, groups, senders, etc.

Perhaps there has been a miscommunication.

Nancy

On 3/3/2019 6:20 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

This is incorrect.  The Shift-Control-K command is for performing a web search within Thunderbird, not for searching for specific messages within a particular folder.  The correct command for searching for messages within a folder is Shift-Control-F, which will bring up a dialog where you can specify your search criteria.

Gerald

On 3/3/2019 2:08 AM, Nancy Hill wrote:

Troy,Go to your Trash folder.

Press control, Shift and K

type in search word/words

hit Enter

Arrow up/down to find  search item

HTH
Nancy
On 3/2/2019 7:57 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

How do I do a search of my trash folder in thunderbird?  I have some mail that I inadvertently sent to my trash that I want to find, and I'll be searching for words in the subject line.  Btw these messages are from a few days ago so it's not as easy as just going to the bottom of the folder.

Thanks.

Troy