Re: USB Dectalk question

Kay Malmquist

Okay, I got the correct driver and unzipped it.  Now all I have to do is put the driver on the other machine.  While we are at it, do you know how to share files and folders on a windows 7 machine so that I can see them on my computer?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Till we speak again,
may the warm winds of Heaven
blow softly upon your house,
may the great spirit bless all who enter there,
may your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows,
And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 7:12 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] USB Dectalk question

You can get them from www.axsol.com

There is a step by step text file included.  You connect the dectalk to the pc, then find it in device manager under other and select update drivers from the context menu.  then point to the folder where the drivers are unzipped on your computer.

That should get you pointed in the right direction.

On 3/5/2019 3:27 PM, Kay Malmquist wrote:
Hi Chris,
Here I go again.  Where do I find the Access Solutions drivers?  This DecTalk was bought from someone a while back and I don't have any other info for it.  Also, once I find the driver, how do I install it?  Thanks much.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Till we speak again,
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 4:40 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] USB Dectalk question

Dectalk USB gets it's power from the USB port.  If you are using it connected to a serial port with no USB you'd need the power supply or 9V battery.

Go to Synthesizer and braille manager.  Select add, then synthesizer, then you should find the Dectalk USB 64 driver.  Make sure you have the Access Solutions drivers installed for the Dectalk USB to function.

On 3/4/2019 10:16 PM, Kay Malmquist wrote:
Hi all,
I have a USB DecTalk and I have a question.  Does it run on the 9 Volt battery or does it need a power supply?  I don't think I ever got one with it.  If it needs the power supply does anyone know what voltage it needs?  Now for the most important question.  When I go in to Braille and synthesizer manager, Dectalk is not in there.  What do I do about that?  Thanks for the help.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Till we speak again,

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.