Re: How Long Does It Take to Download An App to the iPhone?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Chris,

I am definitely on my home WIFI--high speed cable.

On 3/6/2019 2:45 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
Cant' recall having dealt with an issue like that. Curious... Are you on WIFI or the data connection when you're downloading? IF on WIFI, have you tried downloading via your cell plan instead? Caveat about high data usage and keeping in mind whatever data plan your paying for in mind. By any chance is it the reverse? You accidentally have your WIFI turned off and are on data?
I have the app store disabled for purchases and updates while on cellular data. There isn't an app or update I need so bad that I have to blow through my data plan for. On the off chance I might find myself out and about and need to access the app store to download or buy an app, it's easy enough to enable data at that time.
Anyway, just a thought.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 11:36 AM
To: TechTalk Mailing List <TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] How Long Does It Take to Download An App to the iPhone?

Hi Group,

I have been reporting that when downloading an app to the iPhone, I am not seeing it show up under my app store/account/purchased apps. No one seems to have an answer for this issue. I am very new to the iPhone. It turns out that what seems to be happening is that after the 'loading'
message disappears after clicking the get button, I have been assuming that the app is downloading and is therefore ready for installation/configuration. Examining the screen closely, I see that even when the 'get' button returns to focus, there is a message that Voice Over does not automatically read. It is as follows: 'double tap the button to cancel the download.' So now I am sitting on the MLB at Bat app and the same message is staying on the screen for 2 hours now.
Is this an indication that the download is still in progress? Is there some sort of meter or graph that shows the progress of the download that voice over is not reading?

Thanks for any information.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"