Re: Is it going to be possible to use Blue Tooth with my hearing aids for calls using my iPhone SE?

Curtis Delzer

there is also the blind hearing aid list which is a huge wealth of information, with personal anecdotes.

On 3/6/2019 12:23 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Thanks. That is useful information, Jim. I am compiling
information to see what I have to do. The audiologist was
going to talk to the Oticon engineers, but it could be he'd
need to talk to Apple.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 2:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is it going to be possible to use
Blue Tooth with my hearing aids for calls using my iPhone
SE?

Carolyn, I use my IPhone with my bluetooth hearing aids, but
you need something else to do that. I have a ComPilot. It is
small, and what it does is direct the phone call from your
IPhone to your hearing aids. But... you have to have the
right kind of hearing aid to do that. I have a brand called
Phonak. And, you have to have their high end hearing aid to
use the ComPilot. The ComPilot can also be used to direct TV
shows to your hearing aid directly. So, you hear the show at
your volume you want, and whoever is watching TV with you
can have the volume set the way they want. My hearing aids
cost approximately $6000, and the ComPilot about $300. There
is also a microphone you can get for the ComPilot that helps
you in places like stores, and restaurants. If you are with
someone, they can wear the microphone, and you hear what
they are saying very clearly. This helps in crowds etc.
Anyway, if you want more info, write me off list if you
like, or just answer here. Hope this helps. Jim