Re: keeping win 7 secure

Monte Single

Good to know!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Timothy Mok
Sent: March-11-19 7:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] keeping win 7 secure

Hi Monty,

I use JAWS16.0 and the latest version of NVDA interchangeably. However, my Avast! Internet Security  UI is mostly accessible with JAWS  but is incompatible with NVDA. Eversince I started using the PC in 2009, there have been accessibility issues with each upgrade of the Avast! Program UI. I’ve always felt secure with Avast! Till now and has stuck to it more out of brand loyalty. Super Anti-spyware is accessible with JAWS and NVDA.

Tim.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 6:06 PM

Hi Tim,

Which screenreader are you using with Avast and superanti?

Thanks,

Monte

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Timothy Mok
Sent: March-11-19 3:27 AM

Hi,

I have the same concerns as well. I do not wish to change to a new OS unless absolutely necessary so. Right now, I have Avast! And Super Antispyware running on my Windows7

64Bit PC. My additional question: approximately how long more after the support phase out of Windows7 before I really, really needd to change? I do a lot of online surfing, banking and such.

Tim.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 4:47 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] keeping win 7 secure

Microsoft will stop issuing updates for win 7 next January.

I have read comments that win 7 can be used safely after this time if some conditions are followed.I understand these to be;

---a current browser such as firefox or chrome,

---an accessible antivirus and malware program.

What are antivirus and malware programs that will work with nvda in win 7?

Are there other items that I should consider if I choose to use win 7 after January 2020?

Thanks,

Monte

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.