Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How do I do an emergency shut down with windows 10?

You can always use the tried and trued method of quickly shutting down your computer:  pressing and holding the power button.  While shutting down a computer this way was a problem on older machines, it is much safer nowadays on a Windows 10 system, especially if you close all running applications first.  And placing your system as far away from a window as possible will minimize the potential for damage from a lightning strike.

Gerald

On 3/14/2019 7:39 AM, James Bentley wrote:
With printers, scanners, sound systems, and more, Digging around and unplugging every thing for two computer systems quickly is not an option for me.  And, I have often heard that handling cables and wireing is not such a good idea when strong lightning  is in the immediate area.  I’m afraid that a quick shut down seems to be my only choice.

I have decided to call MS tech support to find out if they have a rapid shut down option for me.  Surely businesses with hundreds of PC’s are not stuck waiting for updates when strong lightning is in the immediate area.

Thanks again,

James B