Re: Comcast & IMAP

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Mike.  If you have the relevant info and fill it up correctly, Thunderbird will usually then automatically set the correct configuration for you.  However, and for your general info, the Imap protocol usually uses the standard 993 port.  Cheers!

On 3/18/2019 4:07 AM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

Asking for an acquaintence:
    I have always used Pop 3 with my comcast account but thinking of switching to IMap. With thunderbird, is it possible to create your folders on the client or do you have to create them on the ComCast web site as with Gmail? I hate doing anything on the web site.
If using IMap, can someone tell me what the port names and numbers are for comCast?