From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:23 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Openbook 9 and a Epson Scanner

Hi All,

A friend is running Windows 7 Home 32 bit, Jaws 13, Openbook 9 and an Epson Perfection V39 flatbed scanner.  When he gives the command to scan a document the scanner starts, but it won't stop and keeps making a ding sound every few seconds while scanning!  You have to press the spacebar to interrupt / stop the scan or it'll never stop.  Also, it never acquires any text for Openbook to read.  I don't have much experience with diagnosing scanners especially through a tandem session, so I don't have a clue as to why this behavior is happening.  If anyone knows why this is happening, would you please enlighten me?  All help will be greatly appreciated and graciously accepted.  Thank y'all very much.