Re: NVDA vs JAWS what if both were free

wayne <greenwood33@...>

When it comes to screen readers I use 3 of them for different reasons because one will work better in an application verses the other 1 or 2. If you're windows operating system is windows 10 then there are 2 screen readers that are free. Nvda is free, donations are encouraged not manditory. Jaws has a 40 minute demo that's free. If your windows operating system is windows 7 then window-eyes is free if you have office installed. Window-eyes might work in windows 10 but it's been a few years so window-eyes may not work well in windows 10.The one important thing that is different about jaws and the old window-eyes you have built-in mouse support. With nvda there is an add on called golden curser that you have to install. Even with this add on I don't think the mouse support is as good. I want to encourage you to get a copy of the screen readers and give all of them a try. If I can help you more, here's my contact information:
Wayne

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:36 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA vs JAWS what if both were free

Hi All,

I’ve seen a lot of answers to my initial question. But I’m not really thinking about prices. Jaws now has a $90 per year including any updates for home users. But let’s pretend that both NVDA and Jaws were free or both cost the same amount of money. I’d like to know the pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages, and eature differences between the two, not about the price difference. Thanks!

Carrie Morales

YouTube: Live Accessible

Instagram: @LiveAccessible

Twitter: @LiveAccessible

Email: carrie@...

*Picture Description: Text reads Live accessible: blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you on a blue background

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.