From: Dave
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:28 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Still no UnZip listing

Hello,

Well, I appreciate most of the suggestions given as to solving the lack
of an Unzip utility on my Win 7 System.

Gene, hindsight is always 20/20 so thank you for your excellent Hind
sight.    but as with most Hind Sight it is next to worthless at solving
an exsisting problem.  As they say, the Horse is already out of the
Barnb.      And Yes, it does come in handy for the next time something
goes Screwy on my System.

But today I am asking for help, from anyone, to help recapture my horse
and help me get it back into the Barn.

As for opening up the Shift F10 Menu, and just pressing S, for Seven
Zip.  This doesn't work, as there is no choice for Seven Zip on this menu.

I've even gone to Open With, and Brozed to the Seven Zip Folder, and
theoretically chose the Seven Zip Executable file.  but, once this has
been chosen, and I OK out of the two remaining screens, I still have no
choice for Seven Zip in any menu any where, ubt the Programs list in
Windows 7.

Why VLC has knocked out my Unzip capability, I have no clue.  I have
uninstalled the VLC media player, but once it was gone, the Unzip
utility did not magically return.

So, I've reinstalled VLC Media Player.

And to make this even more painful, I have two System that are exactly
alike.  The same make and model and version of Win 7.  And VLC media
player knocked Unzip out on both systems.

and Yes, Hind Sight is faultless.   Yep, I am Guilty of Assuming all
would be fine.  And of course, in this case, it isn't.

So if any should think of something else to try, when it comes to
reviving my Unzip utility, I am all Ears.

Thanks for any help.

Dave