From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] any way to know when messages are downloading in thunderbird?

Oh sorry, I always forget to mention what screen reader I'm using and it's jaws. I've been saying I'm going to switch to NVDA but I haven't yet.

Troy

On 3/26/2019 8:25 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
To get new mail, it's shift F5.

If you're using NVDA, the beeps indicate the progress bar and then
windows plays the mail received sound when finished.

Howard

On 3/26/2019 8:13 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I have messages set to download in thunderbird but there's no
indication that anything is happening and it takes so long at times
that I'm almost ready to give up when I hear the "got e-mail" sound.
Is there any way to remedy this so I know if anything is downloading
or not?

Also, a friend of mine is a thunderbird user and he told me to use f5
to check my messages. That either doesn't work, or maybe it's the
same situation as above and something is downloading and I don't
realize it. Btw I have 2 e-mail accounts and both are set to download
at the same time if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Troy